The best razors for sensitive skin and tips to prevent irritation
Many people have sensitive skin and therefore it is difficult for such people to use a razor and shave their hair because their skin is prone to cuts and irritation. However, just because you have sensitive skin doesn’t mean you should grow a beard and not shave or cut it at all. In this article, we’ll help you deal with sensitive skin and still use your razor effectively.
How to find out if you have sensitive skin?
- If you have extremely dry skin, skin reactions and frequent skin redness, you probably have sensitive skin.
- You need to have your skin checked by a dermatologist to make sure you have sensitive skin.
What are the best razors for sensitive skin?
The following is a list of the best shavers. These are considered the best razors for sensitive skin and both are made by a brand called Merkur. Merkur shavers have a reputation for being manufactured to German standards, which in itself is a testament to quality and precision.
- The Merkur 34C HD has only one blade, which is unlikely to cause any irritation to your skin. It is easy to clean and maintain. The consistency of the blade alignment makes it great for beginners as well as people with sensitive skin. You can use it regardless of the thickness of your beard hair.
- The Merkur Progress is an adjustable razor that makes it one of the best razors for sensitive skin. Men with any type of beard can use this shaver, making it a versatile option. It offers a great shave because you can adjust it according to the sensitivity of your skin.
Should you consider a cartridge shaver if you have sensitive skin?
- You can use a cartridge shaver if you have sensitive skin as long as you can clean the blade and the blades are far apart.
- The Gillette Mach3 Turbo is one of the best razors for sensitive skin. You can clean it easily because there is space between each blade.
- The shaver comes with two lubrication strips to help you shave without hurting your skin at any time.
- You can use shaving cream to smooth the shaving experience. It is recommended if you have very sensitive skin.
- You can use the Gillette Mach3 Sensitive, another razor for men with sensitive skin. It has more lubricant.
Is an electric shaver recommended for sensitive skin?
- Electric shavers can be used by men with sensitive skin. However, you need to take your time before deciding on an electric shaver.
- The Braun Series 7 is one of the best razors for sensitive skin; 7865cc version. There is a shaving mode specially designed for men with sensitive skin.
- There is an additional option for wet shaving that you can choose. The product is waterproof. It provides amazing protection against skin irritation.
- If you have sensitive skin and want a shaver that gives you a close shave, this is the best option you can choose from. It is expensive compared to other razors.
Can disposable razors be used for sensitive skin?
- Men often misjudge a disposable razor simply because it is disposable. But a razor like the Bic Twin Select Sensitive Skin is one of the best razors out there.
- If you are not willing to spend a lot of money on a razor, a disposable razor is the right choice.
- The Bic Twin Select shaver does not have a lubrication strip, but it ensures that it does not harm sensitive skin.
- The shaver is manufactured in such a way that the possibility of cuts is reduced. It is a razor that can be used by beginners with sensitive skin. The razor is easy to hold and control.
What are some tips for shaving if your skin is sensitive?
Choosing the best razor for sensitive skin is the first step to a great shave, but you can use the following tips to ensure your sensitive skin is always protected.
- You should monitor your hair growth. You should go against shaving against the grain.
- You can soften the hair before shaving by using a pre-shave face wash.
- Razor blades must be cleaned after three shaves to avoid redness.
- You must use cool water to wash after shaving. Don’t forget to pat dry when you’re done.
- If possible, avoid shaving every day as it may not suit your sensitive skin.
- You can use aftershave cream or moisturizer to keep your sensitive skin safe.